Sommer Swim understands that every body, bust, and booty is unique – one size does not fit all, and neither does one particular bikini style. We want you to feel confident and empowered wearing a Sommer Swim bikini top or bikini bottom, and the first step to getting there is making sure you’re wearing the correct sizing and style to show off your physique. Shopping for a new bikini should feel empowering and exciting, not intimidating. Consider these 4 ways to check that your Sommer Swim bikini will fit perfectly, before jetting off to your next sun-drenched destination.
1. SHOULD I SIZE UP OR DOWN FOR SWIMSUITS?
We recommend staying true to size with our bikini tops
. For bikini bottoms
you can go up a size if you’re in between, as our fits run on the skimpier side. The Maxim high cut one piece
will depend on your torso / bust measurement, as it should sit smooth against the skin without wrinkling and shouldn’t ride up the back. If you aren’t confident choosing a size, you can always check your measurements against our detailed size guide
or contact our customer service team who will be more than happy to assist in finding you the perfect fit.
2. HOW DO I KNOW IF MY BIKINI TOP IS TOO SMALL?
For a correctly fitting bikini top the bottom seam should sit flat against the underbust, the fabric should feel smooth against your body without cutting in to the under arm, side body area, or under bust. You should also be able to slide your finger between the fabric and your skin, with the straps sitting snug, but not tight
. If your top is doing the opposite and you’re experiencing spillage out of the cup and red marks, your bikini top is too small.
3. WHAT BIKINI TOP STYLE IS BEST FOR MY BUST?
Your bikini top should make you feel nothing less than supported and confident. You want to make sure the Italian Lycra is fitting comfortably around the bust without any puckering (too big) and without cutting in (too small). We’ve made a selection of our best-selling styles for small and large busts below.
FLATTERING BIKINI TOPS FOR SMALLER BUSTS (A-B CUP)
- The Uma bralette top is great for smaller busts - the simple triangle design and adjustable straps create a push up effect to give you a little lift.
- Our tanning essential Cece bandeau bikini top is perfect for smaller busts with its tie back closure and minimal design. If you’re looking for a bandeau with a little more luxe appeal, try the classy Harlow bandeau bikini Top or Esmee bandeau bikini top.
The Xena halter bikini top
is not a supportive style and more on the cheeky side of coverage, making it perfect for smaller busts. Wear the tie strings as a classic halter neck or crossed over the chest for a unique look.
SUPPORTIVE BIKINI TOPS FOR LARGER BUSTS (C-D CUP)
- We created the sports luxe Jourdan Top to fit like a luxe crop top bra. Featuring a thick back panel design and front clasp closure for support, this bralette bikini top has quickly become a best-seller for all cup sizes.
- The Uma bralette bikini top - minimalist heaven without foregoing support. Featuring double lining for reinforcement in all the places you need.
- The Gia bralette bikini top is great for girls with larger busts whether broad shouldered or petite. Featuring adjustable shoulder straps and an adjustable tie front, the Gia Top can be customised to suit your frame.
- The Esmee top worn as a halter neck bikini is both a custom and supportive fit with adjustable string ties and ruching around the cup for your preferred coverage.
4. HOW SHOULD STYLES WITH ADJUSTABLE STRINGS FEEL ON THE BODY?
We love our adjustable string styles as they offer our customers a customised fit to suit their unique shape. Maybe you need more room around the bust but a tighter fit around the upper back. Or maybe you love the flexibility of wearing your bottoms mid or high-waisted which can be achieved by tightening or loosening strings on the tie side bikini bottoms. Your adjustable strings should be fitted enough on the body to stay put, but not so tight that it cuts in or hurts.